Following the success of the past conferences in 2012, 2015, and 2017, the Translation Studies Group at the Department of English at Ferdowsi University of Mashhad is proud to announce the Conference on Translation and the Media on the 4th of May 2019 and the post-conference workshops on the 5th of May 2019. The events will be held at the Faculty of Letters and Humanities at Ferdowsi University of Mashhad in Mashhad, Iran. The languages of the conference will be English and Persian.
The aim of this conference is to serve as a multidisciplinary platform to explore the diverse and emerging issues in the expanding realm of translation in varied types and modes of modern media.
To this end, the conference seeks insight into relevant factors and aspects, including but not limited to the histories, processes, technicalities, cognition, reception, quality, pedagogy, economics, research methodology, ethics, ideology, and politics, in terms of the following strata of translation and the media:
- Translation in online, broadcast and print journalism
- Translation in dubbing, subtitling, voice-over, and etc.
- Translation in software and video games localization
- Translation in subtitling for the d/Deaf and hard of hearing, audio-description, and sign language interpreting
- User-generated translation in fansubbing, fandubbing, fundubbing, and romhacking
- Intercultural communication via visual and audiovisual texts
- Intersemiotic translation, adaptation, and audiovisual media
The conference prioritizes proposals on the novelties of minorities in the context of audiovisual translation.
Scholars, practitioners, and students are invited to attend the event to share their research findings and meet with peers and colleagues, get inspired by the great keynotes and enjoy the various post-conference workshops planned.